Follow NOVO Wellness on Twitter Connect with NOVO Wellness on Facebook

Individual Coaching

Greg Hottinger
My name is Greg and I live in Paonia, Colorado. My partner Ali and I have five children, Orijah (8), Jezai (6), Jaia (5), Mareyna (4), and Zeenan (9 months).  I grew up in NC and went to college at Wake Forest University and completed my Masters in Nutrition at UNC-Chapel Hill in 1997. I originally went to school based on my interest in Lifestyle Medicine although after an internship at the Duke Diet & Fitness Center, I began working with and coaching the overweight client as a dietitian/wellness coach.

I began working with Michael and NOVO Wellness in 2001 and our first project was to use coaching in a weight loss program called Healthy Start. Shortly thereafter, we learne about Wellcoaches and went through a training in 2004 and became Certified Wellness Coaches. That same year, I wrote The Best Natural Foods on the Market Today. In 2005 we became “experts” on the Biggest Loser Club website where we were hired to answered nutrition and fitness questions but we added online coaching along with our engagement with members on the message boards.

Michael and I began developing an approach for weight loss based on the philosophy of moderation and balance. We use a concept called “80/20 Living” i.e. choosing healthy behaviors 80 percent of the time while recognizing that 20 percent of the time, LIFE happens and there will be indulgences and slips along the way. Our philosophy and approach mesh seamlessly with the Wellcoaches coaching system. In 2011, we co-wrote Coach Yourself Thin (Rodale Press) and have led classes based on the Coach Yourself Thin philosophy.

I am currently a faculty member for Wellcoaches, teaching classes as part of the 18-week core curriculum, as well as training Lifestyle Coaches for the National Diabetes Prevention Program.

I strive to find balance in my life, spending as much time with my family as possible and supporting the development of my children, as well as working as a consultant, teacher, and coach. If you are looking for balance in your own life and a new way of relating to food and exercise, and need the support of a coach, reach out to me and let’s discuss. I offer a complimentary 15-20 minute session to share more about my services and hear more about your needs. ~ Sincerely, Greg

Michael Scholtz
My name is Michael and I live in Hendersonville, NC in the heart of the Blue Ridge mountains. I grew up near here in Asheville, NC, but I spent 17 years in Chapel Hill, NC where I attended college and later started a family and a career. My wife, Tricia, and I have two children. Elizabeth is 24 and Jason is 21. Tricia is also from this area, and when we moved back to the mountains in 2001 for me to start my own business we both felt like we were coming home.

My business is called NOVO Wellness. “NOVO” means “to rekindle” or “start anew”. NOVO has been around for 15 years, but it seems I have been coaching all of my life. From my days in junior high school when I encouraged family members in their preparations for the Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta, to coaching friends to participate in the Boston Marathon, to my first job at Duke University where I worked with beginning exercisers struggling to lose weight, coaching has been in my blood.

NOVO Wellness is the result of a venture with my business partner, dietitian Greg Hottinger. Our desire was to offer a nurturing, scientific, and practical approach to healthy living and weight loss through individual coaching.

Greg and I have successfully created a system for weight loss based on the philosophy of moderation and balance. We use a concept called “80/20 Living” which means choosing healthy behaviors 80 percent of the time while leaving 20 percent to be “less than perfect”. Our philosophy and approach mesh seamlessly with the Wellcoaches system and online platform.

My career change has allowed me a unique perspective on balancing life`s challenges with family life and healthy living. Family and pace of living were paramount in making our decision to move back to Asheville. If you are looking for balance in your own life and a new way of relating to food and exercise, I look forward to working with you! ~ Sincerely, Michael

Coaching Rates

$150 for 90-minute initial wellness vision consultation and $90/hr thereafter; can be 30-minute calls if desired.

Email Contact
Greg@novowellness.com
Michael@novowellness.com